Thursday, September 24, 2009

Serendipity...

So, completely out of the blue yesterday, a guy I haven't seen since 8th grade found me on facebook. Then we started talking, and we talked until almost 1 am. The amazing part of all of this is that we hardly even spoke to each other when we went to school together. We talked more yesterday then we ever had before. And this got me thinking about missed connections and things like fate.

What if everyone has already met or been in the same room as the person they are meant to be with forever? Like if that one time you were in Louisiana (or any other state besides the one you live it) you shared an elevator with the man (or woman) that you will eventually marry. If someone was watching your life like a movie, they would know about this chance meeting that never happened, but you'd have no idea. Recently I watched the movie Serendipity for the first time. Watching those meant-to-be lovers keep missing each other broke my heart. They had no idea how close they were to each other, luckily it all worked out in the end. What if God, or whatever deity you believe in, is watching us live our lives in the same way. It's breaking his heart because our tunnel vision is so severe that we don't notice the person that is completely perfect for us, and there's nothing He can do but sit back and watch. So, just for my own benefit of thought, I'm going to keep my eyes open to the people around me, and I will try to notice each and every one, and I'll let you know what comes of it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment