Friday, September 18, 2009

In order to understand me

I realize that you know almost nothing about me. And without actually meeting me, you have no idea about who I am except for the information that I tell you. It is the goal of this blog to truly express myself, with minimal buffers and with very little kept secret. As one of my theater professors put it most eloquently, 'You will find parts of yourself that you don't like, maybe that you even hate. But once you accept yourself exactly the way you are, you'll be able to just sit on the grass, stare at the clouds, and be absolutely content.' So, to find my inner peace I have to acknowledge every facet of my personality. Here's just a sample of some of the things I'm not exactly proud of, but that make me who I am:

I'm loud, obnoxious, rude, crude, I cuss like a sailor, I have the sense of humor of a twelve year old boy, I'm not exactly graceful, I judge people (I just don't say it out loud), I hide things from people, I lie, I have a fiery temper, I can hold a mean grudge, I put myself down, I make fun of others, and I can be a real b!*%h.

I think I actually wrote all this down more for my benefit than for yours. My professor was right, I feel lighter now that I've just realized and owned up to my failings. I'm only human, I have many pieces of my personality that I don't like, or that I'm not proud of, but that doesn't mean that I don't absolutely love the person who I am. I love me, regardless of my failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment