Friday, April 16, 2010

What will I do without philosophy?

I absolutely love my philosophy class, and I have no idea what I'm going to do without this class next semester. Today we were discussing Karl Marx's ideas about alienated labor. In his opinion, we hate our jobs because we can't express oursleves through them, and so we express ourselves through the things we buy instead. And I couldn't help but think how blessed I am that I am studying for a career that lets me express myself and that I'm completely in love with. I may not ever make any money, but I will always have something that I love to do. It's nice that my class that has nothing to do with theater, keeps reinforcing my decision to be a theater major. Any questions that I had about my choice keep disappearing. I'm glad that everything for my future is just starting to gel together. Now I really can't wait to get my life started.

No comments:

Post a Comment