Monday, February 22, 2010

Fear of Loss

Fear is an incredible thing. It makes people do things outside of their comfort zones, it makes people do absolutely nothing at all, and it keeps people living at all. I've used fear as a motivator for the last few years of my life. It makes me take every chance I can, so that I don't wonder what could have been. It makes me appreciate every day that I have because it could be the last. But fear is too general. The fear of loss is such an intense form of fear that it can make someone do almost anything. Because of the people I've lost, I've changed the way I interact with the world. I've lost people to cancer, so I'll never smoke to cut down my chances. I've seen people loose their ability to function from drugs, so I'll never touch them. I'm afraid of loosing my life, so I take my medicine to keep myself healthy. What are you so afraid of losing that it motivates you? Simply by knowing what motivates you, it can change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment