Friday, December 11, 2009

Family

My family is strange. All of us. My moms brothers are so freakin ridiculous I can hardly imagine that they are actually fully functioning members of society. More than anything else, we are all so completely sarcastic that if you took everything we said seriously you'd probably hate us. But no matter what anyone says about any of us, we're together. No one could seperate us and no matter how others judge us, we have each other.

Now, I mention all of this because I feel like most of the people I know don't really understand my family until they meet them. They are funny, crude, obnoxious, rude, and love to have fun, and if you can't hang with them then you won't appreciate them.

The funny part of all this is, that I wouldn't have them any other way. My mom, my brother, and I all decorated our Christmas tree today, and my brother and I just gave my mom crap the entire time. But we were all laughing, and after we were done, there were tiny hugs exchanged and we all went back to our own tasks. There is so much love, and so much enjoyment of each other's company between us that I couldn't imagine my family being any other way.

Sometimes people misunderstand the way I show love for them. If I make fun of you, I love you. If I call you names, I need you in my life. And if I fight with you, it means I want to make a difference in your life. These are things that I've learned from living with this completely disfunctional, yet completely loving family of mine. There's the insight to my love. So, think back on how we interact, do I love you?

No comments:

Post a Comment