Friday, December 18, 2009

Dr. Phil is a moron.

If you know me at all, you should know that I absolutely despise Dr. Phil. He has people on his show who are willing to let the entire world in on their problems, and than he gives them the crappiest advice ever. Has anyone actually ever been helped by this bumbling idiot?

Case in point: Last night, there was a woman on his show who had extreme body image issues. She saved her brother from a house fire when she was 14 and was burned over 60% of her body as a result of her courage. She was so brave telling the world that she felt as though she'd never "be normal again" and that she looked in the mirror and "felt like a freak". My heart goes out to her because I know what she means. As little as I like to admit it, I hate the way I look because of my disease. The only time I really feel pretty is when I wear a long sleeved shirt and long jeans. I love my personality, and I think that inside I'm a beautiful person. But it's the outside that breaks my heart. It's stuck in my head that I don't look normal, and that's completely true, but I feel like I'm not normal and there's no way for me ever to be 'normal'. I'm embarrassed for the guys I've dated. When I was with my last boyfriend, I wouldn't let him hold my 'little hand' because I felt bad that people had to see us together.

Dr. Phil said to this woman, who had deep emotional scars and really needed help to get over them, that she "needed to be her own best friend". He didn't even explain to her what he meant by that. However, he said it at least four times. Then her time was up and he booted her off the show. I'd like to send a giant "screw you" to Dr. Phil for not even helping the one person that I've seen who actually needs the help of a psychiatrist. Way to go, jerk face.

No comments:

Post a Comment