Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A letter to my comfort zone

Dear Comfort Zone,

You suck, a lot. You hold me back and make me second guess myself. However, I enjoy your company so much that I rarely leave you, and instantly once I do, I feel out-of-place. How dare you take away my adventurous side when it comes to my professional life. I don't mind getting away from you when it comes to friends or various things in my personal life, but when I'm trying to work you're crushing me! And then, because I'm uncomfortable I get sarcastic to hide what I'm really feeling. I hate that I allow you to make me into an unbearable person to be around. You're so aggravating! I can't stand you anymore! I wish you'd just back off and leave me to feel more comfortable in a wider range of places. So, after all these happy years we've spent together, I'm breaking up with you. It's not me, it's you. We'll hopefully be seeing a LOT less of each other, because honestly I can't stand the sight of your face. And feel free to stop by when I'm not home to come and get all your crap out of my life. So, I guess this is goodbye, so bye.

Absolutely no love,
Andrea

1 comment: