Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow

It's funny how just a few hours can change your outlook on things. About a half hour after my last post I got a text from a friend that I assumed to be in Seattle. She told me that she would be in town in about an hour. My stomach was instantly filled with tons of butterflies that were so excited to see my friend that I hadn't seen since last summer. We spent time together walking in the snow and trading stories from high school and just loving each other's company. On my way home after parting with my friends I had a little bit of a walk all by myself. I watched the snow fall so lightly through the air, and listened to the absolute silence that had dropped over my world. I could clearly hear my feet shuffling through the new white snow, even the cars that passed didn't make a sound. This quiet was so refreshing, not killing me as it did earlier that day. It was the same, but completely different in so many ways. In that quiet moment, I found myself smiling for no reason at all. And just because of that, I know I'm moving out of my rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment