Friday, January 15, 2010

Love Never Fails

At one point in time, I believe this saying was true. But sadly, I really don't believe in it's truth in this day and age. My love has failed people. When it hurts me more than it helps me, I've taken back my love from people who probably needed it. And in the same respect, people have taken love away from me when I've needed it. I feel like we live in a day-and-age where divorce is more common than marriage, and people are constantly being abused physically and emotionally by the ones they love. I guess when it comes right down to it though, love doesn't ever fail, it's people who fail. People who can't commit to loving someone who needs them, people who take advantage of the many chances they've been given and continue to disappoint, and people who plain just like to feel love so they take advantage of the love given to them by innocent people. But I'm not bitter about any of those at all... anyway... so love is an emotion, and it can't be blamed for the ridiculous things people do in it's name. It's like God being held responsible for the wack-a-doos out there blowing themselves up in His name, not fair to the Big Man or His reputation. Then it seems that the saying is true, love doesn't ever fail, it's the humans who use it who fail. Now I don't feel like such a dork for still believing in love. It needs someone to treat it right just as badly as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment