Monday, October 5, 2009

Preserverence

Today I climbed a mountain. It wasn't a figurative mountain, it was a very literal mountain. I climbed over 800 ft at an altitude of 7000 ft above sea level. I wanted to quit at least ten times, and really tried to twice. But I pushed myself to reach the top, and a friend pushed me too. It's funny how clear the world looked from up there. I realize it sounds completely cliche but it's true. The world was beautiful and calm and I just looked at how far I had climbed and just felt so proud. I had done it, I did it for JJ*, I did it for Poo Face*, but most of all I did it for me. Right now, my leg hurts so bad because I fell on the way down, and the entire lower half of my body is going to be in intense pain tomorrow, but it was all completely and utterly worth it.

So my message to you is to climb your mountain, and take a good look around. What you see might surprise you, or maybe you'll just be happy that you got to experience it first hand. Have a lovely day.

*- obviously not their names, haven't we established this already?

No comments:

Post a Comment