Sunday, December 19, 2010

God's Smallest Miracles

I have to preface this post with this will either be one of the sweetest things you've ever heard... or you will judge me relentlessly for it. And either way, I don't care. This was one of those sweet moments that don't come around all that often anymore. I was in the store, shopping with my mom. We were waiting at the checkout when we found all kinds of giant, sparkly rings. As girls often do, we were trying them on just for fun. All of the sudden, it occurred to me that these rings stretched, and I slipped one over my knuckle on my left middle finger. I looked at my mom and tears filled my eyes. To get everyone up to speed, my left middle finger is so bent I was sure a ring would have to be an oval to ever fit me. I had to try so hard not to start crying in the store. It was one of those beautiful, wonderful, changing, perfect moments that don't often come around in life these days. It felt like a tiny tap on the shoulder from God just to say, I'm still here, and I love you. I'm not sure if anyone else will feel the same or does feel the same, but that's not important. It was a nice little before Christmas miracle that really boosted me up after a difficult semester and renewed my hope. It truly is the little things that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment