Monday, February 14, 2011

Lovely Love.

Today is the day that we all love, the day that we all hate, and even the day we all love to hate. It's Valentine's Day. I've been pretty back and forth about how I've felt about this day for years. Some years I love it, most years I hate it, but this year I've finally stuck to an opinion on the subject. I love it. I absolutely love it. I love love. It can fill a heart with so much joy that you think it's going to burst. The best part about love is that it is completely unconscious. No one chooses who to love, no one can just stop loving, and no one can make love happen.

The pity about Valentine's Day is that everyone overlooks all the other types of love that there are. There is love between friends. There's love between families. There's even an unspoken love for the loved ones of the ones you love. And it may make me sound like a hippie, but there's even love between people because we're all humans and we're all in a tough fight.

Love isn't even always about that gooey feeling that you get when you like somebody. Or even the warm fuzzies. It's that feeling of wholeness deep within your being that makes everything in life better. Love is what makes us get up in the morning and what helps us sleep at night. Life is nothing without love. You would be nothing without love. I would be nothing without love.

No comments:

Post a Comment