Friday, August 6, 2010

What I need vs what I want

There's always this question that looms over everything, it's a question that can apply to almost anything and everything: do I need it or do I just want it? This summer has, in a way, been about me determining what I need from what I want from the people I deal with in my life. Among my friends, I need respect, and I need genuine care, but I want them to be willing to do things for me if I ever needed them to. That's kind of a crappy example, but it's late so just go with me here. Today I've found out something, and it's probably something people have been saying for all of time: I need more. I don't want more, I need more. Stupid is no longer giving me what I need, and I'm really struggling with the reason why. Is it because I haven't blunty explained what I need from him on an emotional level? Is it because he's incapable of showing me that type of affection? Is it because that type of affection isn't really there I just wish it was? It's these types of questions that wake me up and 3:30 in the morning and force me to blog to get my thoughts straight by 4. My thoughts are straight enough by now to realize at least this: I either need more, or I need out. I can feel myself getting drawn into this man because of how much I care about him, and if this caring thing isn't going both ways I need out before I get a chance to let him hurt me and I hurt myself. But is it so terrifying to a guy to hear that a girl just wants you to talk to her? I need conversation, this summer of constantly being by myself has left me feeling like a shell of my former self. I don't even need really deep conversation, even the boring details of your work day are enough to keep me feeling like he gives a crap about me. And I don't feel like it's asking too much for him to genuinely want to spent time with me, and to make time for it. I'm not asking for a really elaborate and romantic candlelit dinner, I'm asking for watching movies at home. The way things have been with Stupid up until now in hindsight, make me feel cheap and unordinary. I shouldn't ever feel that way, because I'm special just like everyone else is special. So I guess what all this means is I want someone to make me feel special, but I need someone who makes me feel like I matter to them. And I think it means I need to get out of this "relationship" before it does me any more damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment