Monday, August 9, 2010

Does this mean personal growth?

I feel as though I'm an odd creature. In my last post I decided that I needed out of my "relationship" with Stupid because it was doing me more harm than good. The very next day he texts me to inform me that he went on a date and that he's kicking me to the curb for someone else, again. In actuality, I shouldn't have been suprised because humans are creatures of habit. Still his rejection stung. It might sound silly, but I wanted to fast track my rejection hurt, so I watch The Notebook. It is one of my favorite movies and it's a beautiful love story about how nothing can keep true loves apart. I cried the entire movie, both for myself and because it's so sad and beautiful. After the movie was over, I felt exponentially better. I didn't care about the rejection anymore. It was a new experience for me. Since I'm an open person with my feelings and just about everything else, I usually fall hard and fast for boys and end up nursing a broken heart for weeks, or at the very least days, after I find out that it just won't work. So why is this time around with Stupid so different? Did I really not care about him as much as I thought? Or was I protecting myself because my subconscious could feel another kick to the curb coming? But I also have to think that maybe I'm growing. Perhaps I'm getting to a point in my life where not being right for one guy isn't the end of everything. It obviously doesn't mean that I'm worthless and that I won't be right for anyone. Maybe my heart is finally catching up to what my head has known all along: love works when it's right, and it doesn't when it's not. Nothing is wrong with that, it is simply a fact of life. So perhaps my open heart is growing up a bit, which would be incredibly nice since I'm tired of experiencing grade school heartbreak. I guess trial and error is the only way of proving this theory of mine. So bring it on world, I'm ready for the next guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment