Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The beauty of being who you are

I will turn 20 at the end of this week. It seems like society at large is telling me, "Grow up! You're not a teenager anymore and you need to act like an adult now!" But I think that's crap. I'm actually planning an ambush attack on a friend of mine with squirt guns on my actual birthday. I love that I have friends in my life who accept me exactly the way that I am. There are people in my life who love that I am silly, spontaneous and that I can act like a twelve year old and turn around and have an incredibly philosophical conversation with them. At the same time, I know that people judge me by my actions and say that I'm immature or that there's no future for me unless I change. To that, I again say that's crap. Life is so short, why shouldn't I enjoy it in exactly the way that I want to? If I want to attack a friend with squirt guns then that's my decision. And if I want to go sledding and make snow angels until I can't feel my feet anymore it shouldn't effect you in any way. So come friday when I turn 20 I'm going to be no different than I have been. I plan on having fun, and enjoying my life exactly as it was meant to be enjoyed. I've been given a gift, hell, you've been given a gift. Love every minute of your life, because this is the only one you get. Don't ever let anyone hold you back from the simple happiness that you deserve because 'you're too old to act like that'. Be happy, be immature, have fun, love life.

1 comment:

  1. I like to keep my inner child a good 2 inches beneath the surface at all times. To me, that is not at all deep or far away. I know she's 2 inches away because I feel like I'm constantly 2 inches away from a delicious piece of cake. And my inner child loves cake.

    So I guess my point behind this is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little immaturity. Because, often, with immaturity comes cake. And, really, how the hell doesn't love cake?

    Well.. except maybe diabetics. And now I feel like I have taunted them with all this talk of cake....

    ReplyDelete