Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yet another year begins

It seems that the general attitude towards New Years Eve/Day is that last year was awful and so everyone is excited to begin a new one.  I usually have this same idea, but this year is so very different.  2013 was a great year for me.  I became more comfortable with myself and all my faults.  I feel like I give less thoughts and worries to things that are beyond my reach of change.  I have made some amazing friends, and reconnected with old friends.  Many beautiful days were mine to be had.  My choir has become my family.  I have a great home that is all mine.  I have faults, but all in all I am a beautiful and loving person.  And I have finally gotten to a place where I can say I love me, and if you don't that's fine but please be nowhere near me.  It's only taken 23 years to get here, but I really dig the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment