Saturday, June 26, 2010

My subconscious is trying to destroy me

I've always had an over-active imagination. In some instances that's been great. I'm hardly ever bored because I just let my mind wander. But on the other hand, sometimes it wanders into dangerous places that then my conscious has to rescue me from. The way that my subconscious is the most rebellious is in my dreams. I understand that no one can really control what they dream about, but what happens when your dreams are so real they hurt you in real life? There's this boy, much like always, that I've been 'seeing'. Mostly we've been texting and I've seen him a few times, but it seems like things are going okay. I asked him when we started talking if this was working towards a relationship or if it was just for fun. I've grown to the point that I don't really mind either way, I just felt like I deserved to know. So I've known from the get-go that this is just for fun. Well the other night I had one of my crazy realistic dreams. In it, he arrived at my house during a party we were having. We just showed up out of the blue and asked to talk to me outside. I followed him and he told me that he really wanted to meet my parents. So I went and got them and he told them that he would like to take me out because even though we haven't known each other very long that he knew I was special. Then he came inside with me and started introducing himself to people from my church. I woke up in the morning and felt exceedingly empty, I hadn't realized how badly I wanted to be with him. So, is my subconscious just trying to make me realize and come to terms with something I've probably known all along, or is it just trying to screw with my brain and hurt me? Either way, sometimes it really sucks to have such on over-active imagination.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most aggravating things for a person has to be when a nocturnal dream tortures her waking life. Wrote about it myself three weeks ago:

    http://inexperiencedromantic.blogspot.com/2010/06/dreaming-of-women.html

    Confusion's never an ideal state. So perhaps you should take some time to close your eyes, clear your mind, and then honestly ask yourself if that vision is, here and now, a true desire or just a wacky what-if. Yes, we can sometimes dream of an ideal future life, but other times we can dream of zombie attacks in shopping malls and running away with a hopefully uninfested chicken strip meal. So get away from all distractions, take a deep breath, and ask yourself if you want a real romance with this guy. And remember: even if the answer is "Yes, but..." it's still a "Yes".

    Of course, desire is almost completely uncontrolled. The major Decision you can make is whether or not you're going to tell your guy friend about the dream. I rarely tell my dream co-stars about their parts, especially if it is as romantic lead. But then again, I'm not going out with any of mine...

    ReplyDelete