Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I hate the me I once was

I ran across a cd today. On it were pictures and typed out text conversations from when I was "with" Stupid. He called me things like babe and sugar and darling, and it utterly disgusted me to read these and know that I completely believed him at the time. I hate who I was back then. I was pathetic and needy. I wanted so badly for him to care about me that I allowed myself to act in cheap and tawdry ways. I'm ashamed of who I was and the things I did just a short time ago to try and buy someone's love. It hurt me so badly to refresh those memories that I instantly text my boyfriend to tell him how much I love him and how I'll never be able to thank him enough for loving me just the way I am. I'm a lucky gal to have found him, I just wish I hadn't sold myself so short in the past. But I'm living, I'm learning, and I'm moving on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment